If you are wondering how to download whatsapp for pc here is a quick guide for you. We shall discuss every step in detail. Moreover, we are going to answer a good number of questions you might be having on this subject. Keep reading.
Why do you need to install whatsapp in your PC?
Before we even talk about downloading whatsapp for PC, let us first of all understand the benefits of getting this application into your computer. First, you might be aware that whatsapp is the most used mobile instant messenger software for mobile devices in the world.
Most of the iOS, Windows and Android phone users use this app daily to communicate with their family and friends. The beauty of this messaging software is that it lets you send text messages without incurring any cost. You can send anything from video, sound recordings, location, contacts and photos – without paying normal operator fees.
Some benefits of using this revolutionary communication platform include:
- Your messages are delivered instantly all over the world. You only need to package whatever information you want to send out, then click on the send button and the recipient will receive it on the other end within seconds.
- Whatsapp has over 500 million users worldwide. This makes it the most popular messaging platform in the world beating the likes of Kirk Messenger, Line, Nimbuzz and Viber.
- This application boasts a very nice user interface. Signing up is as easy as 1, 2, 3. Actually, you don’t have to fill in those lengthy details like on other applications. All you need to do is download the app, verify your phone number, add a profile picture and voila, you’re ready to start chatting with your friends.
- The icing on the cake is that there are no annoying ads despite the app being a free one. Forget about those annoying pop-ups and distractions you’re likely to face when using other applications, whatsapp is well laid-out and seamless to use.
- The only downside with this app is that you cannot import your contact list from your mobile or PC. Sometimes, you have to add contacts manually. All the same, once you do this, you can continue using Whatsapp on your PC without breaking a sweat.
Now that you are familiar with the pros and cons of downloading whatsapp for PC, we would like to introduce you to a step by step guide that you can get this all-important app into your computer. Here we go:
Important Information: Your computer does not operate on Android operating system, so to download Whatsapp, you first of all need to install a program that acts like an android device. In this case we would recommend installing BlueStacks.
How to download and install BlueStacks
Download the right BlueStacks app player to your PC or computer. If you are using a Windows computer, be sure to download the Windows version. Likewise, if you are using a Mac, make sure you download the Mac version. Don’t make the mistake of downloading the wrong version of this app player else your Whatsapp program will not function as expected. Also important, make sure the “App store access” button is checked when installing BlueStacks.
BlueStack will take a few minutes to install all the necessary apps. Once it starts, you will be taken through a brief tour of its interface. After this stage, the App Store will be initiated and you’ll be able to start using this service for the very first time.
To access the App Store, you first of all need to sign in with your Google account. The reason for this is that BlueStacks is Android-based. You can directly login to your Google account if you have one or simply create a new one through the link provided within the app.
How to Install WhatsApp on Your PC
Click on the upper-left corner of the BlueStacks window to open the Google Play Store. This will lead you to the Google Play Store. Of course, you will be required to check the terms and conditions box if this is your first time running the BlueStacks software.
Click on the search option (located on the upper-right corner of Google Play Store) to search for “WhatsApp.” You need to type in the full name into the search box and then select the correct app from the list of search results. Hint: the correct app will appear on the top row of the Play Store.
Next to the correct app (or next to the Whatsapp icon) is a button labeled “Install”. Click on this button. A list of permission requests will be displayed. You need to agree with these permissions in order to continue. By clicking accept, the app will be automatically downloaded and installed. In a moment, you’ll be notified when the app is ready for you to use.
If you are not conversant with using Google Play Store, you can use an APK file instead. You simply need to download an APK file so it installs itself in BlueStacks once you double click on the file. Check out WhatsApp website or Android Community websites for a link to download an APK file.
How to get started using this app on your PC
Once you finish downloading WhatsApp on your PC you need to follow a few simple steps to ensure everything is up and running. Here are some quick steps to guide you through this phase:
- Initialize the app: You can do this by clicking “Open” on the app store. Alternatively, you can visit BlueStacks main screen and click on the WhatsApp icon.
- Verify your mobile phone number: As with the mobile version of this app, you’ll need to verify your mobile phone number when you use it for the first time in your PC. Of course, you’ll be required to accept with the necessary terms and conditions.
- Create your account
- Add contacts: You can invite your friends at this point too.
- That’s it, you are now ready to starting chatting with your friends from the comfort of your PC!
Now that you know how to download Whatsapp for PC, why don’t you tell your friends to try it as well? Have fun.